Clark Auction Service was started over 60 years ago by Clair Clark. Clair conducted hundreds of farm, real estate, and household auctions in Northern Iowa and Southern Minnesota. Clark Auction Service is known for their quality auctions and their personal service to the customer. Their clients are their number one priority. Since Clair’s passing in 2003, his son Jerry Clark has taken over the business. Jerry has had a long history with Clark Auction Service and is an accomplished auctioneer himself. His knowledge and experience in farm equipment and antiques makes him the lead auctioneer in the company.
We have built a mailing list for each type of auction so we can get the right people to the auctions. Having the right buyers brings the best return for our clients. We’re always looking for more ways to bring quality buyers to our auctions. We use many publications to advertise for our auctions to draw the most people: local papers, Iowa Farmer Today, Red Power, Antique Trader, Collectors Journal, and many others.
Also, as social media becomes more relevant for businesses, we’re taking advantage of it. We are building a new and improved website, working on a Facebook page, and trying online auctions with Proxibid.
Clark Auction has experienced staff to help you at check in and check out time. We are a family owned and operated auction company who makes our clients and customers are our number one priority.
- Dave Guerdet joined the company as an auctioneer in 2001 and works alongside Jerry. Dave comes from a farming background and brings his knowledge of farm equipment and technology to the company. Jerry and Dave work extremely well together, and they put every effort into bringing the highest dollar for their clients.
- In 2013, Clark Auction teamed up with Steve Fausch Auctioneers out of Fairmont, Minnesota. Steve is an established and experienced auctioneer. He is a former instructor at Continental Auctioneers School and is a valued partner at Clark Auction.
- Jana Guerdet – Jana does it all, she is the clerk and helps out on settlement of the auctions. As the daughter of Jerry Clark, she also has been around auctions her whole life and has over 10 years of hands on experience.
- Marilyn Fausch – Marilyn has been helping Steve since they started Steve Fausch Auctioneers and works closely with both companies. She has over 20 years experience and knows every aspect of the auction business.
- Jordan Guerdet – Even as a full-time Junior at Iowa State, Jordan has over 5 years experience as a clerk for Clark Auction. She is a valuable & knowledgeable part of Clark Auction.
- Kirsten Guerdet – Kirsten has grown up in the auction business and has been at every auction since she was able to get around. She is a Senior at North Union High School and still finds time to help out at auction time. She is valued part of the settlement crew at Clark Auction and has over 5 years experience.
- Preston Guerdet – Although he is only 10, Preston has developed into a valuable ringman for Clark Auction. He is right there to catch bids and loves to do it along with running sheets and helping dad with whatever he asks. Preston has a tireless attitude when it comes to auction day.
If you are looking for an experienced Auction Company to conduct your auction, you have come to the right place.