- 1 (13x9") package of brownie mix
- 1 (14.3 ounce package) of Oreo cookies crushed (you will use 1/2 of the package or 18 cookies for each layer)
- 1/2 cup of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup (you will use 1/4 cup to top the bottom and top layers)
- 1 (1.75 quart package) of vanilla ice cream
- First bake one box of chocolate brownies according to the package directions in a 13"x9" pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- When the brownies are cool, cut them out of the pan and fit them in the bottom of a 9" springform pan lined with parchment paper. I used the brownies from the middle of the 9"x13" pan because they are the softest. You can save the leftover brownies to crumble on the top of the dessert later. Then pour 1/4 of a cup of Hershey's Chocolate syrup on top of the brownies.
- Now set this bottom layer in the freezer. Then get out your ice cream to let it soften on the counter for 15-20 minutes or until it can be spread easily on your dessert. When the ice cream is soft, get the brownie layer out of the freezer and spread 1/2 of the 1.75 quart container of ice cream on that layer.
- Now take 18 Oreo cookies (1/2 of a package) and crush them in a plastic bag or your food processor and layer them on top of the ice cream. Now top the Oreo layer with the remaining ice cream and then crush up the 18 remaining Oreo cookies in the package and top them on the ice cream layer. (Tip: you can always place the dessert back in the freezer while you are crushing the Oreos so it doesn't melt too much.)
- Now pour another 1/4 cup of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup on that layer and add some crumbled up brownie pieces from your brownie pan.
- Put the dessert in the freezer and let it set up for at least 24 hours. After 24 hours, you can open the springform pan and take the parchment paper off of the bottom. Then let it sit out for a few minutes to soften a little to make it easier to cut. After serving, store dessert in your freezer.
Click here to view more recipies at Cooking Up Cottage.