Easy Slow Cooker Freezer Meals
Source: Jennifer Williams
Cold weather has set in and since I will be spending a lot of more time indoors, now is a great time to stock the freezer. Some people will devote a full day of work toward making tons of freezer meals, but I prefer to spread the work over several weeks. If I am are already making the meal, it takes only a little more effort to make an extra batch. I plan one or two meals per week that I can double or triple for the freezer. This week’s recipes are all freezer meals that can be cooked in a slow cooker. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
1 medium-sized green pepper, sliced
1 medium-sized red pepper, sliced
1 small yellow onion, peeled and sliced
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon honey
The juice from one lime
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
1. Label a 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. To your freezer bag, add all ingredients. (Add the chicken to the bag last, so it’s the first ingredient poured into your slow cooker.)
2. Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
3. The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
4. The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 4-8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
Suggested side dish:Tortillas and fajitas toppings, like cheese, lettuce, tomato, and guacamole
Slow Cooker Black Bean and Corn Salsa Chicken
1 (14 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14 oz) cans corn, drained
1/2 (1 oz) package taco seasoning
2-3 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 cup water
1. Place all ingredients in 1 gallon-sized freezer bag. Zip close, and place in freezer. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge overnight.
2. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours.
3. When finished cooking, shred chicken and serve over rice, with a salad, or in a wrap.
4. Top with cheese, sour cream, avocado, lettuce, tomato.
Crock-Pot BBQ Spareribs
2 lbs of pork ribs
1 & 1/2 cups ketchup
1 & 1/2 Tbsp seasoned salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1. Place pork ribs in 1 gallon-sized freezer bag.
2. Mix remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour over ribs. Seal bag and place in freezer.
3. Thaw overnight in fridge. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
8 oz. baby carrots
1/2 Red Onion sliced into large chunks
1 Can of crushed pineapple 20 oz. (un-drained)
2 Garlic cloves
2-3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1/2 Cup Teriyaki Sauce
1. Place all ingredients in 1 gallon-sized freezer bag. Mix together in bag and zip closed. Place in freezer.
2. When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge overnight.
3. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours. Serve over rice.
Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken Soup
1 pound carrots, peeled and diced
1 medium-sized yellow onion, diced
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup tomato juice
1 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoons coriander
1 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
Juice from 1/2 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
4 cups chicken broth (not needed until day of cooking)
1. Label a 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. To your freezer bag, add all ingredients except chicken broth. Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
2. The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
3. The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your slow cooker and add 4 cups chicken broth.
4. Cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015