Easy Marinara Sauce with Basil
Posted in Cooking Up Cottage
- 1/2 lb. of linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 3-4 sprigs of basil chopped
- 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese or mozzarella cheese for garnish
- basil for garnish
- First start by cooking the linguine pasta according to the package directions. Making sure to salt the water as directed by the package.
- Then take two cloves of garlic, remove the skins and dice them.
- Now heat the garlic in a pan for a few minutes with 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Add one (28 ounce) can of whole peeled tomatoes and their juice to the pan crushing them with your hand as you add them.
- Add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 3-4 sprigs of fresh basil chopped and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Now simmer the sauce over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes so that it can thicken. When the sauce has thickened, serve over linguine and garnish it with extra basil and ricotta or mozzarella cheese.
Click here to view more great recipes from Cooking Up Cottage.