Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
Posted in Cooking Up Cottage
- 2 ( 4.3 oz.) packages of Rice-A-Roni Long-Grain and Wild Rice
- 1 pound of chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) can of sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 teaspoon Franks Red Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Start by cooking your two boxes of Rice-A-Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice according to the package directions in one pan.
- Now while you are cooking the rice you can chop your chicken into bite size pieces. Cook it in a separate pan with 1 teaspoon of butter until it reaches a temperature of 165 degrees. Set aside.
- In a pan cook the onion and green pepper in 1 teaspoon of butter until tender.
- Now add the 1 (8 oz.) can drained mushrooms, 1 teaspoon Frank's Red Hot Pepper Sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove from heat and mix the cooked green peppers, onions, and mushrooms with the cooked rice. Add the cream, and then the cooked chicken.
- Pour into a greased 13"x9" baking dish. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Click here for more great recipes from Cooking Up Cottage!