- 10 -12 baby potatoes
- 1 Vadalia onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package of (cooked) Johnsonville Stadium Bratwurst or other pre-cooked bratwurst
- So get out your skewers and let's start cooking. If you use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using to prevent burning on the grill. This is a picture of my skewers soaking in water on a cookie sheet.
- Start by cutting the baby potatoes in half. Then place the baby potatoes in enough water to cover them. Bring the water to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer for 5-7 minutes so that the potatoes are fork tender. Then drain them and rinse them with cold water so they are easier to handle.
- Then cut up 1 green pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Then cut up the onion into 1-inch pieces.
- Then cut up the pre-cooked bratwurst on a slant in 1-inch size pieces.
- Now in a bowl mix the potatoes with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon dill weed, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Alternately thread bratwurst, onion, potato, and green pepper onto 8 12-inch skewers.
- Grill kebabs, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until bratwurst is browned, turning frequently.
Click here to view more recipies at Cooking Up Cottage.