- 2 baby back rib racks (2.5-3.5 pounds each)
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Start by mixing the spices in a bowl for the dry rub. Mix 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of paprika, 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of ground oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Next get out the 2 racks of baby back ribs and remove the skin from the back of the ribs. Start at the small end and try to peel up a start with a knife and then keep peeling.
- Now spread the spices on both sides of the ribs and discard the remaining rub.
- Now place the ribs in the slow cooker. You may have to cut them in pieces depending on the size of your cooker.
- Now cook them on high for 5 - 5 1/2 hours. Then remove them from the slow cooker and put them on a foil lined baking sheet where you will spread on your favorite bbq sauce on the top side of the ribs. Note: be careful as you remove them from the slow cooker since they are so tender they will fall apart.
- Bake them in an oven that is preheated to 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
Click here to view more recipies at Cooking Up Cottage.