- Posted in The Farmer's Daughter USA
Scott Pruitt has a history of standing up to the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), and now he’s done it again as Secretary of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Back in 2009, along with a number of its animal rights and activist environmentalist organization cohorts, HSUS submitted a petition to the EPA requesting that Confined Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs) be listed as major sources of air pollution that endangers public health or welfare under the Clean Air Act. Doing so would require that the EPA promulgate rules and regulations for performance standards for any new or existing CAFO ...
1 pound ground beef1/2 pound Italian sausage1/4 cup honey2 eggs1/4 cup heavy cream1 tablespoon Dijon mustard1 tablespoon ketchup1 tablespoon salt1 teaspoon pepper3/4 cup chopped onions3/4 cup chopped red peppers2 tablespoons chopped garlic1 tablespoon soy sauce1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce2 cups cooked & cooled wild rice
1. Saute chopped onions, peppers and garlic in 1 teaspoon olive oil.2. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix until well blended.3. Place in a greased loaf pan. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 60 minutes.4. Uncover and bake for 10 additional minutes or until meatloaf ...
Source: Jennifer Williams
Cold weather has set in and since I will be spending a lot of more time indoors, now is a great time to stock the freezer. Some people will devote a full day of work toward making tons of freezer meals, but I prefer to spread the work over several weeks. If I am are already making the meal, it takes only a little more effort to make an extra batch. I plan one or two meals per week that I can double or triple for the freezer. This week’s recipes are all freezer meals that can be ...
10 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. finely chopped artichoke hearts
1/2 c. finely chopped spinach
1 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
1 Garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tsp. parsley, minced
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 can crescent sheet dough
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a small cooking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, artichoke hearts, spinach, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper and stir ...
1 (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) pouch sugar cookie mix1 (3.4 oz.) box pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix1/4 cup flour2 eggs1/2 cup melted butter1 cup dry, roasted pistachio nuts (chopped)1/2 cup white chocolate chips1/2 cup dried cranberries (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, add cookie mix, pudding mix (unprepared) and flour and mix well.2. Add melted butter and eggs into mixture and mix until well-incorporated.3. Add pistachios, white chocolate chips and cranberries. Fold together with rubber spatula.4. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a greased, parchment-lined cookie sheet and use ...
1 box fudge brownie mix (19.5 ounce or family size)1/4 cup butter melted4 oz cream cheese softened1 large egg1 cup powdered sugar1 cup creamy peanut butter4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, beat the brownie mix, butter, cream cheese, and egg. The dough will be a little sticky.
2. Scoop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, making about 24 cookies. Smooth the edges of each to form a round cookie.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the powdered sugar and the peanut butter until it is ...
Milk Chocolate Fudge:
12 oz. bag milk chocolate chips16oz can milk chocolate frosting
Other Flavor Combos:
Peanut Butter Fudge: 16 oz. Vanilla Frosting, 12 oz. peanut butter chips
Peppermint Fudge: 16 oz. Vanilla frosting, 12 oz. mint chips, 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
Chocolate Covered Cherry Fudge: 16 oz. chocolate frosting, 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup cherry chips
White Chocolate/Macadamia: 16 oz. Vanilla frosting, 12 oz. White Chocolate Chips, 1/2 cup chopped Macadamia Nuts
1. Line a 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan with wax or parchment paper. (Smaller pans mean thicker fudge.)2. Combine the ingredients ...
As the harvest seasons draws to a close, it's critical to start planning for next year's success. The first place to start is regular maintenance of your agricultural equipment. Your machines and gear have faithfully performed for you – it's officially time to show them a little TLC. Maintaining your agricultural equipment is one of the most important things you can do as we turn the corner toward winter.
Don't Risk Your Agricultural Equipment Failing You Next Year
For most of us, our equipment and combines will sit idle until the start of next year. While you may be ...
Right now, with the harvest behind us, the latest farming news is all about getting ready for end of year tax preparation. The farming tax category is a broad one, encompassing a large and diverse range of markets. Plantations, orchards, and ranches all fall within the farming category. If you earn money growing produce or raising livestock, fish, and/or poultry, you are in the farming business and need to file your taxes accordingly.
Go into the tax process armed with a few important tips about farm income and expenses. Here are a few vital pieces of information:
1 pound chicken, diced1 package precooked microwavable bacon2 jars alfredo sauce1 small bottle ranch dressingAdobo seasoning1 small onion12 ounces rotini pasta1/2 cup cheddar cheese1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1. In a large pot, cook the rotini pasta.2. In a medium pan, cook the diced chicken and onion with adobo seasoning until it’s no longer pink.3. Also while the meat and noodles are cooking, prepare the package of pre-cooked bacon in the microwave and crumble.4. In the pot with the cooked rotini, combine the chicken and onion mixture, alfredo sauce, ranch dressing and bacon.5. Stir until everything is ...
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015